That said….today we’re looking at the perfect smokey eyes.
- Prepare your face by cleansing ,toning and moisturising
- Choose a matching shade of foundation for skin
- Apply finishing powder and blusher or bronzer for a glow
- Be sure to blend….the key to the ideal smokey eye is proper blending…pairing light base colours with rich dark tones. Favourite mixes are the champagne base with a dark blue; a violet shade makes a beautiful smokey eye.
- Apply a coloured (black, dark blue, deep purple) eyeliner on the upper lash line making the line thicker from the to the end of the eyelid.
- Apply the liner lightly tod the bottom lash line, with a little dark shadow to give a ‘smudge effect’
- Now sweep a light shimmery shadow from the eyelids to your brow bone
- Then apply the darker shadow to the crease.
- To get the smokey effect, blend the darker shadow upwards fading out as you go past the crease…be sure to blend the coloured liner at the lashline.
- Ensure that both eyes are well blended.
- Next apply two coats of volumnising mascara to really amp up the eyelashes. Use false lashes for extra drama……we always like drama right? www.sacredlashes.com
- Make sure your brows are groomed to full fabulosity.
- Now check your eyes for final touches, cleaning off fallouts on your cheeks and retouching your finishing powder.
QUICK TIP: Remember to keep lips soft…when wearing strong eyemake-up, for this look,the eyes are the focal point so allow them steal the show.
These are pretty easy steps ….don’t be shy to try…practice makes perfect so pull out those brushes and practice.
From the confident everyday woman to the professional make-up artist, we can never stop learning a new make-up trick or two! *wink*
We do this for the love of Make-up and Its Art!